On Friday afternoon, a worker was shocked and burned in a power line incident in Polk County. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the incident happened on Highway 108, just north of Columbus. Very little information has been released about this burn injury workplace incident, but we do know that the worker was in a bucket truck when he made contact with the power line. Initial reports indicate that the man was alert after the injury. He reportedly sustained burns over about 35 percent of his body.
Worker Suffers Burn Injuries From Power Line in Polk County
He was transported to Spartanburg Regional Hospital for treatment of injuries. His latest reported condition was listed as serious, although, there have been no additional updates on the full extent of injuries involved. At this time, it’s unclear how he made contact with the power line. This incident is likely still under investigation with local authorities.
U.S Work Place Injury Statistics
- In 2017, 5,147 workers died on the job.
- On average, more than 99 workers died a week in 2017.
- That’s more than 14 deaths on job sites every day.
- Last year, one in five worker deaths were in the construction industry.
- The top “Fatal Four” causes of death on job sites were falls, struck by an object, electrocutions and caught-in/ between.
- The “Fatal Four” were responsible for more than half (59.9 percent) of the construction worker deaths in 2017.
- Eliminating the “Fatal Four” causes would save about 582 workers’ lives in the U.S each year.
Workplace Injuries in Asheville
Workplace injuries can leave employees in the hospital and out of work. Everybody deserves to have a safe work environment, so when an injury or incident happens on the job site, thorough investigations are absolutely critical in determining what happened. After any kind of burn injury or other workplace injuries on a jobsite, it’s important to speak with a Personal Injury attorney about your case.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a workplace incident in Asheville or in any of the surrounding Western North Carolina communities, contact the skilled and proven team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 828-303-2842 for a free case consultation today