Officials have released new information about the fatal crash that occurred near Marion last month. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the fiery collision happened on U.S. 221 North, near Marion at about 3:30 p.m. on March 23, 2016. Three people were killed in the crash that involved a pickup truck and a van. Although there were no skid marks on the scene, the pickup reportedly crossed the center lane and struck the oncoming van. Initial witness reports indicate that the truck might have been driving erratically prior to the crash.
Fiery Crash Under Investigation
The cause of this wreck is still under investigation with the North Carolina Highway Patrol. First responders on the scene also reported that this is a familiar issue on this particular stretch of road due to a curve that is difficult to see. The victims were 61-year-old Terry Dixon, 44-year-old Lori Tindel and 48-year-old Robert Gragg. All three people were wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash.
NHTSA’s Car Crash Facts
- In 2014, there were 29,989 fatal crashes
- 32,675 people were killed in crashes in 2014.
- There were 6,064,000 police-reported crashes in 2014.
- In 2014, approximately 2,338,000 people were injured in car crashes.
- There were 3,903 fatalities in crashes involving large trucks in 2014.
- Approximately 111,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks in 2014.
- In 2014, 4,884 pedestrians were killed in crashes.
Car Accidents in Asheville
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a car accident in Asheville or any of the surrounding Western North Carolina communities, contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible about your case. A lawyer can be your trusted advocate during this difficult time. Whether it was a case of distracted driving or you were involved in a road rage accident, a lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills and get back to your normal life.
The team at Davis Law Group, P.A. sends their deepest condolences to the family members and friends that lost loved ones in this terrible crash.