Earlier this week, a crash involving a tanker truck had traffic backed up in Asheville. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the incident happened at the intersection of Mills Gap Road and Hendersonville Road. Apparently, a passenger occupant vehicle ran into the tires of a tanker truck. Very few details have been released about the collision. Thankfully, no injuries were initially reported in connection with this crash. This collision is likely still under investigation with local law enforcement authorities.
U.S. Truck Accident Facts
- From 2011 to 2012, fatalities in crashes involving large trucks increased by four percent.
- An estimated 104,000 people were injured in large truck crashes in 2012.
- In 2011, an estimated 88,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks.
- In 2012, there were 3,921 fatalities in crashes involving large trucks.
- An estimated 330,000 large trucks were involved in crashes across the nation in 2012.
- In 2012, large truck were more than three times more likely than other vehicles to be struck in the rear in two-vehicle fatal wrecks.
The Commercial Trucking Industry
Accidents involving semi trucks, big rigs and tractor trailers can be devastating for motorists in smaller passenger occupant vehicles. Since commercial trucks are so much larger and heavier than other vehicles on the road, they have additional rules and regulations to follow. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates the commercial trucking industry. Truck accidents often require additional investigative efforts due to the federal regulations involved. If truck drivers or commercial truck owners aren’t following all safety regulations and procedures properly, they can put everybody on the road at risk.
After an Asheville Truck Accident
After an accident involving a large truck, it’s a good idea to speak with a lawyer who has truck accident experience. Your lawyer can stay on top of official investigative developments and deal with pushy insurance companies while you focus on feeling better and getting back to your real life.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in an accident involving a semi truck in or around the Asheville area, contact the skilled legal team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 888-773-8388 for an immediate free consultation.